Tuesday 5 March 2013

Sheela and Shobha; sisters present Kuchipudi at Chidambaram

Chennai-based dancer and teacher Sheela Unnikrishnan has been enjoying her days in the sun with her large productions featuring children. 
And she is a regular on the Natyanjali dance fest circuit. This year, she plays a different role at Chidambaram.

Her email note below explains her recital -

This year my sister Shobha Korambil and I are presenting a Kuchipudi duet in Chidambaram Natyanjali  on 11/03/2013.  

We are performing together at the very stage in the temple where we danced 20 years ago. This is my first Kuchipudi performance under the guidance of guru Kishore Mosalikanti after 20 years. Since 1993, after I started concentrating in developing my school, Sridevi Nrithyalaya, I have not performed much. 

We are performing a piece choreographed by Kishore Mosalikanti.

No comments:

Post a Comment